Sony has enjoyed recent success in its grass-roots effort to educate its retailers, align with top-tier distribution partners, and to increase market share. As a 2016-2017 Mobile Electronics Top Vendor in Autosound & Multimedia with hundreds of retailer trainings nationwide over the last two years, a dedicated dealer technical support line, and a close-knit closed Facebook dealer support group, the time is right to join the Sony Car Audio team.
Car Audio Field Support Specialist – SONY Car Audio
GENERAL POSITION OVERVIEW
Sony Car Audio program currently has an opportunity available in the U.S. for a Car Audio Support Specialist, who will be responsible to manage and grow positive relationships and focus on all sales and training activities of client products within assigned locations in a specific territory. Ideal candidates will reside in the Western United States and have English and Spanish bilingual capabilities.
DETAIL OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Face-to-Face Training – Effectively train in-store sales associates and managers on the features and benefits of Sony’s products.
- Sales – Coordinate sales plans and gain commitments for training, assisted-selling and special events to increase sell through of Sony’s products. Track sales success and inhibitors in assigned market.
- Territory Management – Coordinate all aspects of Sony’s in-store presence. This involves coverage modeling, coordinating resource support in the market, relationship building and event planning and support.
- Distributor Relationship – Work with assigned distributor to represent Sony and drive sales through the channel by partnering with distributor sales network
- Trade Shows/Events – Represent Sony and Sony products at assigned trade shows, dealer events, distributor events, etc. Must be able to independently setup/tear down events as required.
- Formal Training – Train large groups of people in a formal presentation setting. Ability to demonstrate and effectively communicate features and benefits of client’s products.
MECP certification desired
- Experience Required
At least five years of experience selling and/or installing mobile audio in the Consumer Electronic Retail Channel
Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) strongly preferred
Strong presentation and training skills
Strong computer skills (e.g. MS Office)
Strong technical background in automotive electronics/car audio
Ability to travel internationally, as required
Must have reliable transportation
Must be willing to work weekends, as needed
Must be willing to travel extensively within assigned territory, >70% overnight travel may be required