DEI prides itself on offering competitive wages, health-dental-vision-life Insurance, 401k Plan with company contribution, profit sharing plan, paid time off and holidays. We have an immediate opening for the following Product Manager position.
BASIC JOB FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Brand Manager’s responsibilities include driving top line revenue growth for the assigned performance and 12 volt market segments. You will develop and execute the strategic plan for each segment and work closely with all internal groups, including Customer Service, Marketing, Finance and Operations. This position requires strong sales and marketing back ground and communication skills.
The individual reports to VP Sales & Marketing and will initiate new product development strategies, marketing programs, customer strategies and quarterly action plans for each segment. It is critical that you have the ability to build effective relationships internally and externally and drive initiatives.
- Develop and leverage an in-depth understanding of customer needs within each segment.
- Understand needs of core customers as well as emerging customers who have the potential for future growth.
- Identify and monitor market and competitive trends that are impacting each segment group of customers and identify opportunities and key issues for new business.
- Oversee marketing and advertising activities to ensure consistency and continuity with product line strategy.
- Develop quarterly Action Plans and overall marketing plans for assigned segment which will also serve to track Brand Manager’s progress and performance expectations.
- Execute strategic market analysis that clearly defines growth opportunities within the segment.
- Identify segment opportunities, develop strategies, value proposition, product positioning and marketing programs to differentiate DEI from the competition and drive revenue growth.
- Continue to develop and grow our existing base of customers through a minimum of quarterly contact by telephone and regular e-mail communications.
- Leverage internal and external resources to deliver compelling integrated marketing programs that include online and offline collateral, advertising, PR, sales tool kits and training.
- Develop a process to gather and communicate appropriate competitive intelligence to drive strategy development and educate the field on marketplace dynamics.
- Ability to hire and manage manufacturers sales reps in the 12 volt/consumer Electronics segment to increase brand visibility and expand sales.
- Support customer base by managing and attending customer and trade shows as well as on-sight training and customer visits as required.
- Proven experience as a Brand Manager
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking and execution
- High accuracy when working with details, numbers and metrics
- Full understanding of performance and 12 volt marketplaces, trends and marketing practices
- Ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and effectively communicate to management
- High level of proficiency with Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work and resolve business challenges with team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Remain flexible to change and support / suggest new ways of conducting business
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and effective time management
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- BS degree in marketing or related field
Career Level Required: Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Experience Required: 5+ to 7 Years
Education Required : Bachelor’s Degree
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Full Time
The leader in aftermarket performance heat and sound control products. Formed in 1995, Design Engineering Inc. (DEI) is a major U.S. manufacturer and distributor of high performance automotive aftermarket products selling worldwide to a large number of commercial markets – automotive, industrial, agricultural, powersports and marine. DEI, located in Avon Lake, OH specializes in the development of thermal tuning and acoustic products. Additionally, DEI markets cryogenic intake systems and related accessories under the (CryO2) brand, acoustical insulation and sound deadening products (Boom Mat), and performance radiator additives (Radiator Relief).