TORRANCE, CA (02.18.2015) – Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. is now shipping two new X009 Restyle Dash Systems. The new models are the X009-RAM for select Ram trucks and the X009-TND for the Toyota Tundra, and both have been Alpine engineered for functional and cosmetic integration with the trucks.
The Alpine Restyle dash systems are based on the X009, a multi-function system with audio, video and navigation features and a distinctive 9-inch touch screen. Each system is paired with a vehicle specific dash kit that matches the color, finish and shape of the factory dash. The kits feature back-lit hard keys which replace the factory radio knobs and match the instrument cluster lighting. Each system consists of the X009, matching dash kit and all necessary accessories for plug-and-play installation including an Alpine/vehicle specific harness, antenna adapter (if necessary) and a two-way, data driven vehicle interface module.
“Alpine Restyle launched in 2014 and we are really gaining traction with the addition of models for Ram trucks and the Toyota Tundra,” said Steve Crawford, vice president and general manager, aftermarket business unit, Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. “The X009 is a unique system that offers aftermarket features with factory look installation for the ultimate truck upgrade.”
The X009-RAM is compatible with select 2013-up Ram trucks (not compatible with models that have the factory 8.4-inch screen). The X009-TND is compatible with 2007-2013 Toyota Tundra trucks. The new models join the three currently available X009 systems: X009-FD1, for select Ford F-150 trucks with the base radio system; X009-GM, for lower dash radio styles on select 2007-2013 GM trucks and 2007-2014 GM SUVs; and X009-U, for custom installations. Coming this spring are models for 2007-2013 GM full size trucks with upper dash radio (X009-GM2), select 2013-2014 Ford F-150 trucks with MyFord 4.2-inch screen (X009-FD2) and 2011-up Jeep Wrangler (X009-WRA).
The X009-RAM and X009-TND retain many factory vehicle controls and features through the included iDatalink Maestro module. Customized vehicle information (battery voltage display, check engine codes, etc.) can be viewed on the screen. Examples of factory features that can be retained include steering wheel controls and premium audio amplifier integration (retained features and customized vehicle information vary by vehicle model).
The X009-RAM and X009-TND come with a robust set of features, including:
- Audio features: Audio sources include HD Radio technology, Pandora internet radio control from iPhone and Android smartphones and “Made for iPod and iPhone” compatibility with USB access. The models are also SiriusXM-Ready when used with the SiriusXM SXV300 Connect Vehicle Tuner Kit (sold separately, subscription required).
- Video and Navigation Features: The X009 Restyle dash systems have a full WVGA high-resolution screen and an HDMI input for connectivity to HDMI-enabled mobile devices (separate adapter required). The Dual Zone video control lets drivers use a source in the dash while the back seat passengers enjoy a separate video on the rear seat screen (optional screen sold separately). Alpine’s proprietary navigation interface includes pre-loaded maps of the United States, Canada and more than seven million Points of Interest (POIs). Main landmarks, buildings and terrain details for major cities are depicted in 3D and driving directions are delivered through text-to-speech announcements. The system comes with free lifetime HERE Traffic RDS service.
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology: The X009 comes with Alpine’s advanced Bluetooth wireless technology. Ease-of-use features include secure simple pairing (SSP); phone battery, cellular signal level and received message icons; and call waiting. The MediaXpander technology provides improved sound quality for audio streaming.
- Alpine TuneIt App for Sound Tuning: The X009 dash systems are compatible with the free Alpine TuneIt App which provides customized sound tuning through an iPhone or Android smartphone. The app allows for vehicle specific adjustments to sound settings (like Time Correction, Parametric EQ and Crossover), or users can choose from the pre-made settings in the database. The app also notifies users of incoming activity on their Facebook wall through an on-screen pop-up notice. A separate version of the app with a text-to-speech (TTS) feature is available for $3.99, which allows users to have the message read back via text-to-speech.
- “My Favorites” Customizable Settings: The My Favorites feature lets two individual users customize quick-access screens with up to 80 shortcuts to their most used features. Shortcuts can be created from audio sources, navigation commands and phone settings.
- Drive Assist Compatibility: The X009-RAM and X009-TND are compatible with Alpine’s front and rear view camera systems and have a visual parking guide which overlays markers onto the rear view image when it’s projected on the in-dash screen.
The X009-RAM and X009-TND are available now, visit www.alpine-usa.com for a store locator. Other X009 models already available are the X009-GM (for select GM trucks and SUVs, SRI $3,000), X009-FD1 (for select Ford F-150, SRI $3,000) and the X009U (for custom installations, SRI $2,700). The X009-FD2, X009-GM2 and X009-WRA will be available this Spring.