LAS VEGAS, NV (11.06.2014) – SEMA, the largest automotive aftermarket party on the planet, continues to roll. Day 2 of SEMA 2014 was another day of packed aisles and vendor booths. Outside the sound of vehicles racing around the “proving grounds” was deafening at times.
VOXX at SEMA:
The VOXX booth in the North Hall saw a steady stream on 12volt retailers and expediters. Invision, one of the brands under the VOXX umbrella showed a new product lineup.
Invision has begun shipping the ConnectedHD 8-inch Headrest with Android operating systems, as well as the newly re-designed ConnectedHD 7-inch and 8-inch FactoryMatch replacement headrest systems. These new headrests from Invision are the first new products from Invision in several years and they provide backseat passengers with endless entertainment possibilities.
For the Android driven consumer, Invision’s ConnectedHD 8-inch Headrest Systems with Android integrates tablet technology with Custom Headrest DVD systems giving backseat passengers enhanced content on the road ahead.
Rostra at SEMA:
Rostra Precision Controls has a lot to show attendees at SEMA 2014. LED lighting, and the introduction of BedLight, is shining brightly in the company’s North Hall booth 11717.
In addition, Rostra is highlighting 5″ & 7″ pro-grade monitors, dash cam upgrades plus tailgate cameras.
Part number 250-7500-GM14 is a new hands-free Bluetooth system designed especially for 2014-2015 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra trucks with base-model sound systems. It includes a custom radio interface t-harness for a plug-and-play installation, a Con-Verse Bluetooth module that automatically mutes the vehicle’s radio when audio is streaming from a paired mobile device, and a universal chrome-trim control switch with blue back-lighting that perfectly matches the stock interior of these popular trucks.
Rostra recently acquired renowned fleet and heavy-duty equipment supplier Vehicle Safety Manufacturing, LLC of Newark, NJ.
VSM, an ISO 14001 and ISO/TS 16949 certified organization is a supplier of heavy-duty lighting and safety components to both Original Equipment Manufacturers and the aftermarket with a focus on quality management and process control that has made the company an industry leader.
“Rostra’s acquisition of VSM allows us to continue the tradition of supplying products with unparalleled quality and durability that the customers of both companies have come to expect”, stated Jim Pineau, Rostra’s Chief Executive Officer. “We have been highly impressed with VSM’s leadership team, engineering staff and manufacturing capabilities and plan to continue to expand VSM’s manufacturing capabilities in Newark.”
CRUX at SEMA:
From the CRUX Interface Solutions booth, Mike Beyersdoerfer related to 12voltnews.com, “Traffic in the booth has been heavy. It’s crazy busy as dealers want to see all the new interface solutions we have to offer.”
SEMA Announces 2014 New Product Award Winners:
SEMA announced the winners of the New Products Showcase Awards this morning at the 2014 SEMA Show. This award is given to the most innovative and cutting-edge new and featured automotive aftermarket products. Nearly 2,000 products were entered into 16 different Showcase categories to be considered for the SEMA New Product Awards this year. Winners were selected based on a variety of factors that included quality, marketability, innovation, technology, consumer appeal, and more.
The 2014 New Product Award Winners are:
Collision Repair & Refinish Product
- Winner: Malco Products Inc., Quarter Panel Hemming Air TurboXTool
- Runner Up: 6 Hands, 6-Hands Universal Body Panel Holder
- Runner Up: Luma III Inc., Aurora
Engineered New Product
- Winner: Holley Performance Products, Holley EFI Digital Dash
- Runner Up: Aeromotive Inc., X1 Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Runner Up: Silverback Carbs, SILVERBACK CARB
Exterior Accessory Product
- Winner: Lund International: AVS, LUND, AMP RESEARCH, BELMOR, AMP RESEARCH PowerStep XL
- Runner Up: Rigid Industries LED Lighting, Rigid Industries CaptureTM
- Runner Up: Westin Automotive Products Inc., Overhead LED Light Hoop
Interior Accessory Product
- Winner: Switch-Pros, SP8100 Switch Panel System
- Runner Up: Rightline Gear, Roll Bar Storage Bag
- Runner Up: US Speedo, STAINLESS STEEL GAUGE FACE
- Winner: Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels, Metal Series Jeep Bumper Display
- Runner Up: Husky Liners, The “Rider” POP Display
- Runner Up: N-Fab Inc., N-FAB Step System Display
Mobile Electronics Product
- Winner: App-Tronics LLC, SmartNav 5
- Runner Up: Custom Autosound Manufacturing, Slidebar Radio by Custom Autosound
- Runner Up: Palmer Performance Engineering, DashLogic Display Controller
Off-Road/4-Wheel Drive Product
- Winner: Bubba Rope, Gator-Jaw soft shackle
- Runner Up: Factor 55, ProLink Bridle
- Runner Up: Omix-ADA/Rugged Ridge, Exo Top Soft Top & Cargo Rack System
- Winner: Husky Liners, X-act Contour Floor Liners Packaging
- Runner Up: Aero Products, 6-Pack Traveler
- Runner Up: Painless Performance Products, PowerBraid
- Winner: Silverback Carbs, SILVERBACK CARB
- Runner Up: 3pConnect, Turbosmart Position Sensor Wastegate Caps
- Runner Up: COMP Performance Group, FAST Bump Stager
- Winner: Aeromotive Inc., Phantom Flex Stealth Fuel System
- Runner Up: Hotchkis Sport Suspension, Hotchkis Performance Front Upper Control Arms for 1964.5-1966 and 1967-1970 Ford Mustangs
- Runner Up: RideTech, C2-C3 Corvette Suspension System
- Winner: Dakota Digital, MCL-3014 Digital Plug-In Instrumentation for 2014-up Harley Touring Models
- Runner Up: Kicker, PSM3 Mini-Enclosed Speaker System
- Runner Up: Lazer Star Lights, Motorcross Headlight Kit
Street Rod/Custom Car Product
- Winner: Ron Francis Wiring, Blackbox Relay System
- Runner Up: NotcHead, NotcHead Line Clamps
- Runner Up: Vintage Air Inc., E-Z CLIP REFRIGERANT HOSE KIT
Tire and Related Product
- Winner: Continental Tire, Continental TrueContact
- Runner Up: Cooper Tire & Rubber Co., Discoverer SRX
- Runner Up: Nitto Tire U.S.A. Inc., EXO Grappler AWT
Tools & Equipment Product
- Winner: Tire Profiles-TreadSpec, Groove Glove, Mobile Tire Laser Diagnostics
- Runner Up: Celette, Naja Evolution 3D Measuring System
- Runner Up: Luma III Inc., Aurora
- Winner: DECKED, DECKED Pickup Truck Bed Organizer and Storage System
- Runner Up: AnzoUSA, L.E.D 5-FUNCTION Corner Step OE Replacement
- Runner Up: Rampage Products, Portable WIFI Back-Up Camera/Multi-Function Monitor
Wheel and Related Product
- Winner: Deluxe Wheel Co., Wide Whitewall Tire Rim
- Runner Up: Topline Products, Verde Custom Wheels – V25 – Quantum
- Runner Up: Vorsteiner, Vorsteiner Flow Forged V-FF 103
Visit www.semashow.com for more.