LONG BEACH, CA (03.28.2013) – After a very successful introduction of Pioneer’s networked connected in-dash receivers known as NEX at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, all five models are now shipping to authorized Pioneer Car Electronics retailers across the country. Consumers can contact their local authorized Pioneer dealer for inquiries on the availability of NEX models.
The AVH-4000NEX ($700 SRP), AVIC-6000NEX ($900 SRP), AVIC-7000NEX ($1200 SRP), and AVIC-8000NEX ($1400 SRP), offered at Pioneer installation specialist retailers, Crutchfield and other major retailers, boasts an innovative new user interface to keep smartphone-driven consumers connected and entertained while driving.
To see NEX in action, click here for a video demonstration.
Key features in the Pioneer NEX receivers include:
- Robust Built-in Navigation – In addition to the latest mapping and turn-by-turn directions to 7.9 million Points-of-Interest, such as restaurants, gas stations and ATMs, the AVIC NEX models that feature built-in navigation can obtain over-the-air traffic information for further assistance and convenience in getting consumers to their destinations.
- AVICSYNC Networked Navigation (Available in Spring on AVIC models) – With a connected smartphone, users can access connected services that include traffic, local search, weather, gas prices and more, with key information/icons overlaid on the existing map screen (subscription required).
iDatalink Maestro – Enables convenient and unobtrusive integration of NEX receivers with OEM (original equipment) systems to retain many of the original features found or tied with the stock radio, including Bluetooth connectivity and key services such as OnStar, Sync, uConnect, SiriusXM, and more.
- MirrorLink – Consumers can connect compatible smartphones using Pioneer’s optional CD-MU200 USB cable ($35 SRP) for access to certain music and map applications.
- Expanded Bluetooth Capability – Offering Bluetooth AVRCP 1.4 to enable browsing a user’s media library and HFP 1.6 with wideband audio for clearer overall sound quality.
- Siri Eyes Free – Users of an iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c or iPhone 5s device can take advantage of Siri Eyes Free for accessing many iPhone functions such as music selection, listening to and composing text messages, Maps, Calendar information, Reminders, and more.
- Pandora Station Creation –Users can quickly create new Pandora stations based on the currently playing track, artist, or genre from a connected iPhone or compatible Android™ smartphone.
SiriusXM-Ready – Ready for use with optional SXV200 Connect Vehicle Tuner (sold separately, subscription required) for access to SiriusXM’s commercial-free music, premier sports and live events, comedy, news, exclusive talk and entertainment channels. The NEX receivers will also be the first SiriusXM-Ready in-vehicle receivers to display album art delivered via satellite.
- HDMI Connection (except AVIC-5000NEX) – The integrated HDMI port on back of the receivers can be used for smartphone connectivity.
- Aha Radio – Aha seamlessly organizes and integrates the user’s favorite content (over 40,000 stations available) from the web, like news, entertainment, weather, audiobooks. The feature also provides audio updates from Facebook and Twitter when the receiver is connected to a compatible smartphone, allowing easy access and audio playback.
- FLAC file support – First in the industry to support internal decoding and playback of FLAC “lossless” digital audio files.
- Touchscreen Display – Large WVGA touchscreen displays, in either 6.1- or 7-inch size, provide quick access to sources and convenient features. In addition, the flagship AVIC-8000NEX is the Industry’s first navigation system to offer a 7-inch capacitive touch panel display.
- Dual Camera Inputs – Enable users to add a reverse (rear facing) camera and additional front facing or other view applications camera.
- Built-in Auto EQ and Time Alignment – Provides tailored audio adjustments specifically for the car and user preference.
- 13-Band Graphic Equalizer – Touch panel swipe setting and built-in high/low pass crossover with adjustable points and slopes
- Dual USB Inputs
For more information about the NEX product lineup, click here.