TEMPE, AZ (02.04.2014) – Rockford Fosgate, the industry leader in high-performance car audio systems, announced that its expanded 2014 marine audio solution line is now shipping. Showcased at The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nev. last month during Rockford’s annual Product Showcase, the 600 Watt (RMS), 5-channel, marine-grade M600-5 Prime Series amplifier has an MSRP of $499.99 USD.
“Launched to rave reviews, the latest highly efficient addition to our marine grade amplifier line packs plenty of power in a compact package,” explained Jake Braaten, Rockford’s director of product development. “Designed to amplify an entire system, the M600-5 features independent front, rear, and subwoofer outputs. Whether it’s Rockford Fosgate’s M2 speakers or wake tower cans or subs, the M600-5 powers them all.”
The fifth model in Rockford Fosgate’s marine line (including the M400-4D, M600-4D, M750-1D, and M12001D models), the M600-5 amp’s marine grade chassis has been designed to withstand salt spray, fog, and other corrosive elements in the marine environment, with a 23 percent increase of thermal mass per inch.
Additional M600-5 amplifier specifications include:
- Power @ 4 ohms: 50×4 + 200×1
- Power @ 2 ohms: 75×4 + 300×1
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20KHz
- 12 dB/oct Butterworth Crossovers
- 4 Gauge power/ground terminals
- Short circuit protection
- MOSFET power supply
- Marine grade 2-part epoxy coated PCB
- UV resistant powder coated heatsink
- Top mount controls (crossover / phase / input switch / gain control / Punch EQ)
- Punch Level Remote included
- CEA-2006 Compliant
- CE compliant
- Dimensions: 2.0in. H x 6.8in. W x 13.2in. L
- MSRP: $ 499.99
Specifications and prices subject to change without notice.
Visit www.rockfordcorp.com for more information.